Friday, December 5, 2008

ScrapGoods Member #4137

Our wonderful ScrapGoods is closing. The economy has finally hit me where it hurts.

Amy & Jodi's warm creative spirit provided us a safe place to grow in our craft and make wonderful friends.

For me it was even more than that. Many years ago I was suffering from a deepening depression. Found a therapist that I could open up to and one of the first things she began pushing me on (amongst many) was to find myself a hobby. I played with polymer clay and still do. Even made her a representation of how I feel when I am really down.

After awhile I stumbled into scrapbooking. Can't remember exactly how. But I started playing a little with it, took a class at Michael's. Read magazines, watch way too many episodes of Sandi G's show. Heard about the crops but I was never a people person. Really! I know many of you might find that hard to believe (shus) but I didn't have any real friends. Never went to a crop. Just stayed in my little world with Sheldon and Josh.

Finally decided I needed a kit club. SG was running an ad in one of my magazines. Looked at about 5 others and decided to join SG. Lurked a lot in the forums. Finally worked up the nerve to post a comment. But nobody answered?!! What was this!?! I was getting rejection here! Oh I cried and cried. Back then I cried about everything. Sheldon told me not to take it personal, maybe they just had to get to know me.

So I went back to that thread and OH MY!!! Someone posted an answer! And said welcome to SG!!!!! Oh my heart sang, I cried again (sense the trend here?).

Well, that just opened up a whole new world to me. I started talking. And talking. And talking (shut up). And then got up the nerve to post a layout in the gallery. And hey! Lookie there, someone liked it! That started another bout, posting every page I did.

Would I? Could I? Actually get on the Design Team????? Oh try it. THEY SAID YES!!!

Like I said, Amy & Jodi, ScrapGoods was more than a kit club for me. You and the wonderful ladies there (and a few not so wonderful) brought me out of a very dark place. You will always have my love and affection.

ok done now

11 comments:

bobbie said...

{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}

And then you met me...

and RobinG...

And then there was the Terrible Trio...

And then you went to California...

And then you complained you were lonely...

And then there were the Georgia Peaches...

And soon you'll be in San Antonio...

:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Auntie Em said...

...oh yeah, forgot to mention: I also learned "careful what you wish for"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLOL

Kylie said...

I resent that!!!!


You know, you were the very first person to reply to anything I ever said on the boards? You were the very first person to PM me too! I wasn't in such a 'dark' place, but with just moving to America and Craig out of action with his herniated disc, I think I appreciated it more than you will ever know Auntie Em!

Auntie Em said...

Oh Kylie that makes me just sooooo happy!!!!

Amy M. Guimond said...

and me. dont forget what you did for me. and continue to do for me. someday i wil lcome out of my dark place...

Auntie Em said...

Amy, you know I got your back!!!

Ya'll making me feel so good!!!

Auntie Em said...

Actually, you ladies wouldn't believe how much Sheldon appreciates everything you do for me. Even when you are just letting me do something for you. He says I am a much happier person now.

Martha ~ xpetunia said...

Aw Joyce... what a sweet post. Love you lady. No way are we ever losing touch, you hear???

(((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))

Auntie Em said...

Can't lose family Little Sis!!!

kT said...

*hugs* love you bunches joyce.

Auntie Em said...

HUGS back at ya KT!!!

Oh my, San Antonio is gonna cry a river!