Monday, August 4, 2008

Bad blogger bad!!!

Yeah I know Bets I've been neglecting this baby. And the other one too!!! But it's been updated and now a bit for here.

Been working on the Charm Swap for SG. If you are in this swap and want to be surprised, stop reading!!!


Borrowed an idea from the justsimplycharming website. Used glossy paper, alcohol inks, cut into 1" squares and pressed those into copper colored polymer clay so that there is a bit of a well. Baked it, then filled the well with liquid glaze. Took two days for that much glaze to dry clear but it really intensified the colors of the alcohol inks! Oh and be sure to let the paper with ink dry completely before sticking in the oven as it could be flammable (duh).

Then I took several beads onto an eyehook pin, wrapped the end into another loop. Now I just need jump rings to combine them right? Can't find a single gold jump ring in all this stash!!! And no I don't make my own, they never work right for me.

So it's off to Michaels tomorrow for a $1.99 bag of jump rings to finish this project. Anyone wanna take a bet whether I can get out of there for just $1.99???? No, didn't think so.

I'll post pics tomorrow. Back to working on my commit2paper layouts!!!

5 comments:

bobbie said...

Sounds like it's going to be gor-gee-mus!!! Can't wait to see pix...
And I don't suppose you'd be willing to make one for a family member, wouldja?!?!

Auntie Em said...

....sigh....maybe...

Betsie Morris said...

It is about time you updated this blog! J/K :0) The charms sound amazing. I can't wait to see them!

Oh.....I would have totally stuck the thing in the oven with out the ink being dry.....I have a gas oven....GULP!

Scraptab said...

Wow, those are amazing. So how much did you spend....??

Auntie Em said...

Oh not much at all!!! I got the jump rings for $1.99 and some adhesive refills for $2.99 and walked out the door a very happy lady!

And all these parts except for the jump rings came from my stash (and oven).